By Cheryl Mishio 2021
2tbsp olive oil
1tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely diced red capsicum
1/2 can Agave Ginger Cider
250ml heavy cream
3 cups cooked pappardelle pasta
1 cup fresh rocket
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1tsp chopped thyme
- Heat olive oil in large pan add garlic, onion, prawns & scallops and quickly sear on high heat. Remove seafood from pan & set aside.
- Add cider to pan & reduce by ¾, meanwhile zest & juice from one lemon.
- Add Lemon juice to reduced cider before adding the heavy cream, simmer for approx. 5 minutes until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add seafood, pappardelle pasta, diced capsicum, chopped herbs & rocket to the sauce & toss together. Divide into 2 plates.
- Cut the remaining whole lemon in half & dip cut side in sugar before placing on a hot pan sugar side down until sugar caramelized.
- Place lemon zest on top of pasta & serve caramelized lemon on the side.