By Sally Cinello 2021
120gm Dark cooking chocolate
80ml Smooth Talker Porter
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Large egg yolk
375ml Thickened cream
2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
Extra whipped cream and white chocolate for topping
- Put the chocolate, porter beer, coffee, sugar & salt in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Whisk together until the chocolate has melted & the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk the egg yolk into the chocolate mixture & then remove the bowl from the heat & set aside to cool.
- Whilst the chocolate mixture is cooling down, place the cream & vanilla in a bowl & beat with electric beaters until the cream retains soft peaks.
- Gently fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the whipped cream until combined.
- Divide the mixture between 4-6 glasses or bowls. Chill the mousse in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, ideally overnight.
- Top with some whipped cream & chocolate shavings.