By Cheryl Mishio 2021
I whole chicken – skin on, boneless, cut into 8 pieces
2 whole lemons – sliced
3 Cloves garlic – crushed
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 cup Sydney Brewery Pilsner Beer
500 grams baby potatoes – parboil (until 1/2 cooked)
4 large carrots peeled & sliced into large chunks.
5 sprigs fresh thyme
Remaining can of Sydney Brewery Pilsner
Salt & Pepper to taste
3 Tbsp Olive oil.
Chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken into a large Ziplock bag with lemons, garlic, oil & beer. Remove air & seal bag tightly – place in fridge to marinade 24 hours (or 48 hrs even better!)
- Remove Chicken from marinade (discard marinade), season with salt & pepper.
- Sear chicken pieces in hot pan then place seared chicken pieces into a large baking dish… deglaze pan with Sydney Brewery Pilsner…pour the pan liquid over chicken in roasting pan…add parboiled potatoes, carrots, thyme springs & a few slices of lemon.
- Bake uncovered at 170 degrees for approx. 35 mins.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over top just before serving.