By Daniel Harrison
The trend for making vegetables the star seems to be going nowhere and this dish certainly puts the whole roast cauliflower front and centre. You can switch up the herbs & nuts on top to whatever you fancy (or whatever you have in your fridge!), basil & pine nuts or parsley & cashews both work particularly well.
Pilsner Roasted Cauliflower
1 Medium Cauliflower
1 tbsp Lime Juice
2 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Handful Mint, roughly chopped
Handful Whole Almonds, toasted & roughly chopped
1. Combine the pils, lime juice & soy sauce in a medium bowl wide enough to fit the cauliflower
2. Add the whole cauliflower with the florets facing down. Marinade in the fridge for 4-6 hours, turning a couple of times to make sure the whole thing gets covered.
3. Preheat the oven to 210C.
4. Remove the cauliflower from the marinade, transfer to a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season well.
5. Roast for 20-25 minutes until well browned. Make the beer butter sauce whilst the cauliflower is roasting.
6. Scatter over the mint & almonds. Serve with the beer butter sauce on the side.
1. Place the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Cook until it turns golden & smells slightly nutty.
2. Remove from the heat, add the crushed garlic, honey & lemon then slowly whisk in the beer.
3. Return to a low heat for 5 minutes whilst whisking continuously. Keep warm until ready to serve.