By Cheryl Mishio 2021
1/2 cup coconut flour
1tbsp powdered instant coffee (good quality)
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla paste
1/2 cup oil
3 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup Sydney Brewery Dark Lager
- Combine dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
Whisk together the wet ingredients
Add to dry ingredients & mix until incorporated, add 1 cup chocolate chips .
Pour Brownie batter into a 9X9 cake pan that has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 30 minutes for a “fudgy”…. Or bake for 35 mins if you prefer a “cakey” brownie
Serve warm or cold with ice cream & Dark Lager Caramel Sauce (below). I’ve added chocolate dipped pretzels for an added touch
- Place caster sugar in a heavy bottomed pot over high heat until sugar melts to a golden amber colour.
- Add 1/2 can Sydney Brewery Dark Lager – careful as the beer & sugar will foam up and be extremely hot.
- Reduce heat, stirring constantly until liquid reduced by half.
- Once reduced add 1/2 heavy cream gradually, keep simmering on stove until caramel sauce reduces & slightly thickens.
- Strain mixture and set aside to cool before placing in refrigerator to chill overnight. The Caramel Sauce will thicken more as it chills.
- The caramel sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance.