We are inviting Bartenders in NSW to enter the fourth annual Sydney Cider Cocktail Competition and put their creativity to use in a cider-based cocktail.
After the success of previous years and the quality of entries received, this year we are challenging bartenders to create a Cider cocktail that can be pre-batched and canned using Sydney Cider, Agave Ginger Cider or Cherry Pear.
SYDNEY CIDER COCKTAIL COMPETITION 2022 PRIZES:
First Prize Winner:
- The winner will have their cocktail canned by Sydney Brewery and will participate in the design and production process.*
- This will include a trip to Sydney Brewery Hunter Valley for two, with an overnight stay at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley including dinner and drinks, worth $550.
- The winner will also receive their choice of 10 cartons of Sydney Brewery beers or ciders, valued at $700.
*Terms & Conditions below apply for the first prize:
- Bartender and Bar will have their names featured on the label.
- The canned cocktail will need to feature Sydney Brewery cider(s) as well as keeping in mind the cocktail’s ABV and shelf life of cocktail ingredients. Cans will be pasteurised.
- Cocktail may feature garnish for entry and as serving suggestion.
- The canned cocktail will be marketed as a limited edition in 375ml cans.
- The canned cocktail will be sold exclusively to you and your bar for the first month after production.
- After the first month of release, the canned cocktail will be further available at Sydney Brewery venues (Sydney Brewery Surry Hills, The Cidery Bar & Kitchen, Sydney Brewery Hunter Valley) and via the Sydney Brewery website.
- Sydney Brewery will help support marketing for the canned cocktail at your venue.
Second Prize Winner:
- 10 cartons of your choice of Sydney Brewery beers or ciders valued at $700
Third Prize Winner:
- 5 cartons of your choice of Sydney Brewery beers or ciders valued at $350
Thursday 23 June 2022 – Competition opens and entries are accepted via email (see below).
Sunday 7 August 2022 – Competition closes at midnight. Judging of entries begins to select finalists.
Monday 15 August 2022 – Finalists are announced.
Monday 22 August 2022 – Competition Finals are held between 5-8 pm at the Cidery Bar in World Square (see note below)
HOW TO ENTER:
- Create a cider cocktail that can be pre-batched and canned using Sydney Cider, Agave Ginger Cider or Cherry Pear**.
- Email the name of your cocktail with a photo (including the can) and the full recipe, with a short describtion of the inspiration behind it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries close midnight on Sunday 7 August 2022. If you’re looking for inspiration, find previous year’s entries here.
** Please contact Richard Feyn on 0412 288 144 or Matt Sharpe on 0423 333 200 if you need any cider products to compete with and we will drop some off.