By Sally Cinello 2021
Best served warm straight out the oven with your choice of jam & some whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°c. Line some baking trays with silicone baking sheets or baking paper.
- Hand mix the flour, cream & cider in a bowl until the flour is mostly combined. Don’t over mix it as it will make the scones tough! The dough should be soft and fairly sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead gently, just enough to bring the dough together.
- Press the dough to 2.5cm thick & using a floured round cutter ( I used a 6cm wide cutter) cut your scones – Press the cutter up & down – don’t twist as it will affect how they bake. Make sure to flour your cutter in between cutting each one as the dough is really sticky.
- Gently place them on the baking trays, using a knife helps.
- Brush the tops lightly with milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden on top.
- Place on rack to cool.